Take the Etiquette Quiz of the Month:
1. When dining in a restaurant:
- Wait for the waiter to take the initiative and lays the napkin gently on your lap.
- Wait until the food arrives, to lay the napkin on your lap.
- Wait until the hostess lays her napkin on her lap then do the same.
- Lay your napkin on your lap as soon as you sit on the chair.
2. Whenever a customer should complain
- Should you make excuses.
- Should you claim no responsibility for the wrong that has been done
- Make your customer feel that you care and that you want to correct the Situation.
- Apologize for the problem even if you are not the one to blame
3. When queuing:
- Is it okay to be busy chatting on the phone and exchanging business and Personal information.
- Is it okay to jump the queue if in a hurry
- Is it okay for a lady to jump the queue if they are only men there.
4. At work
- Is it okay to show favoritism
- The first thing to do is to break the ice by introducing yourself to others who you’re working with
- It is okay to address other staff or managers using their first name regardless of the office culture.
- When receiving or visiting, it is okay to have a casual look, as this is your company culture.